Twitch Error Codes | How to Fix Twitch Error 2000, 3000, 5000
Twitch Error Codes: Twitch, despite releasing a little over 8 years ago, was a unique platform which consisted of entirely gaming videos. More like a YouTube for gamers. Within a couple of years, its popularity skyrocketed so much that Amazon ended up forking nearly 1 billion dollars to acquire the service.
Today, Twitch is much more than just about games and includes talk shows, podcasts, and even different kinds of shows which includes cooking as well. Also, a creative section is included which caters for people who like animation, programming, designing, etc.
Last July, Twitch had more than 50 million users. All the content can be accessed for free and you don’t even need to bother about creating an account.
However, despite all the cool features that it offers, Twitch comes with some errors which are hard to get rid of for the common user. Therefore, in this article, we will list out some of the most common errors including Twitch error 2000, 4000, 5000 and more. This is more likely to come across that can be fixed using the following solutions.
Twitch Error 2000
This error is usually caused due to the absence of a secure network connection. Also, it could mean that the content you are searching for is currently not available. Alternatives causes could be issues with your browser, Antivirus software, and browser extensions.
Fortunately, Twitch error 2000 has got multiple fixes and we will be listing them out.
Solution 1: Clear the Cache
- Click on the Settings option.
- Now, head over to the Show Advanced Settings option.
- Click on the Clear Browsing Data option.
- Now, clear all the browsing history, cookies, other sites, and plugins, saved passwords, cached images, and files by clicking on the adjacent checkbox.
- Hold down the Shift + Ctrl + Delete buttons simultaneously to launch the “Clear browsing data” menu.
- In the time range menu, select the ‘All Time’ option.
- Check the boxes next to the ‘Cookies’, ‘Cached Images and Files’, and other site data options.
- Finally, select the Clear Data option.
- Launch the browser.
- Simultaneously press the Ctrl + Shift + Delete keys.
- Choose all the boxed displayed and click the Clear button.
Solution 2: Disable the HTML 5 Player
Although the HTML 5 player lets you view videos from the site without the need for an external player, it has been known to cause errors. So, follow this working Twitch error 2000 fix.
- Visit the Twitch homepage.
- Stream a video and tap on the settings button.
- Choose the Advanced Settings option and click on the disable HTML 5 option.
Solution 3: Disable Antivirus
A majority of computer users are still using various Antivirus in order to protect their PC from virus, malware, etc. As the latest Antivirus software offers web-protection, that may be the cause behind throwing twitch error 2000.
There is no need to uninstall them completely. As we are not sure that such software are the root of the cause, we can ensure that blocking it temporarily. Antivirus software like Avast will automatically restore this setting after a reboot.
And, if your Antivirus supports the addition of exception, just add Twitch as an exception and load the video.
Solution 4: Investigate internet connection
Slow internet connection or issues in the same can be the possible cause. At first, you can check your internet speed using speed testers like speedtest, fast.com, etc.
Alternatively, DNS flushing would be another good idea as well. When you visit any website from your computer, it keeps a record in terms of DNS cache. Clearing it means that we are opening that particular sites for the first time.
- Open the command prompt window on your computer.
- Enter the following command: ipconfig /flushdns
- Reboot your computer. That’s it!
You should also try rebooting your router or modem to fix Twitch 2000.
Solution 5: Troubleshoot Twitch error 2000
Sometimes, none of these complex solutions might work. Therefore, follow these troubleshooting methods.
- Refresh the Twitch website by clicking on the refresh button or by using shortcut keys.
- Reboot the device you are using and open the website in incognito mode.
- Try signing out from twitch and logging back in later.
- Try disabling web browser’s extensions to check the cause.
- In the end, make an attempt with entirely new we browser.
Twitch Error 3000
The error code will be displayed with a message saying “Error while decoding media resource” This error is mostly noticed in Google Chrome and is believed to be caused due to bad cookies, cache and HTML 5 related problems.
Solution 1: Disable hardware acceleration
- Launch Google Chrome and tap on the menu button represented by the three vertical dots at the upper right portion of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the settings option at the bottom.
- In the Settings tab, you need to locate the Advanced option at the end.
- Head over to the end of the tab and you can see a subheading named as “System”. Under the System option, deselect the option which reads “Use hardware acceleration when available”
- Restart your browser for the changes to take effect.
- Check if the error is gone. Else, you can revert the changes made by re-enabling the option.
Solution 2: Enable Cookies
If the browser by default has disabled cookies, then it might lead to errors. To enable cookies, follow the steps below.
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Go to Settings > Site settings.
- Under Permissions section, select Cookies.
- Enable Allow sites to save and read cookie data option at the top.
Solution 3: Clear the Cache
- Launch Chrome and click on the three vertical dots.
- Tap on the advanced tab.
- In the privacy and security section, choose the Clear Browsing Data option.
- In the time range-choose the All-Time option and check all the categories as well like Cache, passwords, etc.
- Now, reboot your pc and see if the error is gone.
Solution 4: Troubleshoot Twitch error 3000
- Press Ctrl+Shift+N in Chrome or Ctrl+Shift+P in Firefox browser to open incognito mode. Load the video through it and see the status of this error.
- Utilize Twitch desktop application to stream content.
- Changing HTMP player may fix this issue as well.
Twitch Error 4000
There can be many different reasons behind this error which include problems with cache, network connection, and Autoplay settings.
Solution 1: Hard reload the website
Sometimes your internet connectivity might have interfered with the loading of the stream, and therefore refreshing the site might do the job.
- Select the tab on which Twitch is open.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+R to hard reload the web page.
- Now load the video and check if the error is gone.
Solution 2: Disable autoplay in Chome
- Launch your browser and open up a new tab.
- In the address bar enter “chrome: flags” and press enter.
- Locate the Autoplay heading and choose the Document User Activation is Required option.
- Now, you must manually, click on the Play button to stream content.
- Load the site and see if the issue is gone.
Solution 2: Disconnect external audio devices
It may sound ludicrous but connected audio hardware can cause interference in streaming sometimes. Just remove any external audio hardware including speakers, headphones or earphone connected to your computer. Load the video now and check the error.
Twitch error 5000
Twitch error 5000 displays Twitch 5000: Content not available. Some of the possible culprits include browser extensions and problems with the DNS settings.
Solution 1: Change DNS settings
- Go to the Search bar and enter the word “Command Prompt“.
- Select the “Command Prompt” icon with a right-click and then choose the “Run as Administrator“ option.
- The command prompt window will launch, now type “ipconfig /flushdns“ and press enter.
- This will restore all the DNS settings.
- Now, try to access the website and see if the error is solved.
If restored DNS is not helping fix this error, manually change them. Follow the instruction provided here.
Solution 2: Disable the extensions
- Choose the menu button in the upper corner of the browser and move over the “More Tools” option.
- Click on the extensions option and you can view the complete list of all the extensions on your browser.
- Disable all the extensions listed there.
- Now, launch the site and try streaming again.
Solution 3: Enable flash player
- In the Chrome address bar, enter the following chrome://settings then hit Enter.
- Go to the bottom section then choose the Advanced option.
- Move to Privacy and security > Site settings.
- Locate the flash option and find block sites from running Flash toggle.
- Turn it off.
Twitch Black Screen Error
If you are getting a black screen with a loading circle and unable to see or hear the video, then you can try the following fixes.
Solution 1: Modify flash settings
- First, enter the following address in the chrome search bar: chrome://settings/content and hit the enter key.
- Next, click the Flash button to enter the Flash Player settings on the browser.
- Alter the Block sites from running the Flash option to Ask first.
- Choose the Add-in front of Allow option and add the following URL in the https://twitch.tv in the allow list.
- Finally, restart Google Chrome.
Solution 2: Allow TLS protocols
- Launch the browser.
- Click the three-dot symbol which is located in the upper-right corner of Chrome‘s window.
- Head over to Settings and choose the Advanced Settings option.
- Move to System and select the Open proxy settings option.
- Choose the Advanced panel and highlight all TLS options and finally hit OK.
Solution 3: Reinstall Google Chrome
Another method is to remove and reinstall chrome. This will most certainly solve the issue.
Adblock not working on Twitch
With the recent update, adblockers are not working anymore to skip those annoying ads. If AdBlock is not working on Twitch, then we would advise you to use different software.
- Download and install Ublock Origin.
- Click the eye icon and you can get it on your Browser.
Alternatively, Alternate Player for Twitch.tv can be used to block ads. Download here.
A comprehensive walkthrough on how to deal with some of the most common errors ends here. We have provided Twitch error 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000 with multiple solutions. If you are still facing any of them, let us know via the comment section.