Is Tinder Not Working? Here’s How to Fix Tinder Errors Easily
Ever since its inception back in 2012, Tinder has always managed to polarize opinions. It is really exploded like some has triggered RDX based base. Irrespective of how perfect and popular the platform is, it is susceptible to throw Tinder error sometimes.
While some people believe that online dating is more convenient and also better suited for the shy and quiet ones, there are others who are not so quite receptive.
You are supposed to meet people from different places through Tinder. There is no guarantee how that will turn out. However, despite all of its shortcomings Tinder has been the reason for many successful relationships. Spending some time, to potentially meet the love of your life is not a bad bargain.
The Tinder app has been hugely popular with millions of profiles around the world. However, since the app is compatible with a wide range of platforms, you might experience a few errors here and there. Don’t worry about a thing though.
Because in this article, we will be guiding you through the most common errors found including Tinder error 40303, 5000, 1011 and a few more and work towards how to solve them with step by step solutions. So, let’s get started.
1. Tinder something went wrong
This error is commonly experienced on the Android platform. Here are some troubleshooting methods you can try.
Solution 1.1: Update the app
Using an outdated version of Tinder is an invitation for errors. Update Tinder or any app as soon as new versions are available is a great way to eliminate errors before they occur.
- First, you need to open the Google Play Store app.
- Type Tinder and search for it.
- When the app opens, click on the update option if available.
- Else, open the Play store app.
- Click on the menu button and now choose the ‘My apps & games’ option.
- Search for the Tinder app from the list of installed apps.
- Click the update option.
Solution 1.2: Clear Tinder cache
- Unlock your Android phone/tablet and choose the Settings option.
- From the settings menu, choose the Installed Apps option. It may be different depending on your device.
- From the list of installed apps, locate Tinder.
- Select Tinder and choose the Storage option.
- Choose the Clear Cache setting.
Depending upon your Android operating system, follow on-screen instruction once you go through Tinder app from Settings.
Solution 1.3: Disconnect Facebook from Tinder
Tinder, something went wrong! maybe occurring because of your Facebook integration with Tinder. If you have used Facebook to create your Tinder account, simply disconnecting and connecting again might solve the problem. Let’s do it.
How to disconnect Facebook from Tinder on mobile:
- Log in to your Facebook account on the application.
- When using the app, click on the Setting (≡) situated at the top right corner.
- Navigate to Settings & Privacy > Settings.
- Within the account settings click on “Apps and Websites“.
- Choose Apps Websites and Games and disable Tinder from the list.
How to disconnect Facebook from Tinder on desktop:
- First, you need to sign in to your Facebook account.
- From the top right portion of the page, click on the down arrow and then choose the settings option.
- Now, on the left-hand side of the screen choose the “ apps and websites” option.
- Choose Tinder and remove the app.
2. Tinder not working
Is Tinder not working at your end?
Don’t worry as it is a general error. There might be many reasons as to why Tinder is not working like bugs, server issues, etc.
The common troubleshooting method includes reinstalling the app and clearing the cache that we discussed above. Here some other possible ways to fix tinder not working issue.
Solution 2.1: Restart your device
- Press the power button until the device has switched off. (Subjects to change as device varies.)
- Wait for at least 10 seconds.
- Now restart the phone and launch Tinder.
If the issue is still not resolved, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2.2: Switch your network connection
If you are using a Wi-Fi connection and experiencing problems with Tinder, then try using your mobile data. This is because cellular data is usually more stable than Wi-Fi.
Solution 2.3: Tinder not working? Close the app
If you are using an Android phone, follow the steps below.
- Go to the Settings panel.
- Now choose the Apps option.
- Search for Tinder and click on the Force Stop option.
Also check: How to fix Cydia Impactor errors while sideloading Tinder on an iOS device
3. There was a problem logging into Tinder
Solution 3.1: Reset app preferences
- Navigate to the Settings panel on your Android phone.
- Next, open the Apps or App Manager.
- Now click on the Menu panel.
- Tap the ‘Reset App Preferences’ option.
Solution 3.2: Clear Google Services Framework cache
- First, click on Settings > Apps.
- Now, from the All category, chose the Google Services Framework.
- Click on the Force Stop option.
- Now click on the clear cache option.
- Finally, restart your device.
The Google Services Framework is responsible for syncing your data.
Solution 3.3: Update Google Play Services
- Navigate to the Settings > Security & Fingerprint.
- Now click on the Device administrators option and select the Deactivate Android Device Manager.
- Again move to Settings and choose the Apps window.
- Now select the All category and choose Google Play Services and click on the uninstall updates button.
- Play Services is automatically updated if an app requires an updated version.
- Next, go to the settings panel and choose security and then device administrators.
- Now click on the activate Android Device Manager option.
- Finally, restart your device.
Solution 3.4: Clear Google Play services cache
- Open your Android device and launch the Settings option.
- Click on the App manager(Apps) option.
- In the all category search for the Google Play services Category.
- Now tap on Clear the cache button.
- Finally, restart your device and try lunch Tinder.
4. Tinder not finding anyone
If the app is not able to find anyone, then you will need to make some changes to settings. Tinder work through an algorithm called Elo. Elo ranking determines the position of your profile in the queue. Low Elo Ranking indicates that you will find matches hard to get.
Here are some tips to boost your Elo Score.
- Only Swipe on the profiles you are actually interested in.
- Use photos with good lighting.
- Present yourself well in the photos.
Solution 4.1: Expanding the distance
When you expand the distance, you will obtain results from far away places. You can choose a radius up to 100 miles.
Solution 4.2: Changing the default age
Tinder has a default age setting. By altering this you will get more results.
5. Tinder Error 1011
This is a login error. You may face “There was a problem logging into Tinder” Follow the steps mentioned below to fix Tinder login failed issue.
Solution 5.1: Reinstall the app
This is a very straightforward procedure. All you need to do is to delete/uninstall the app and install it again. You can use Google Play / App Store or utilize third-party app stores to download and install Tinder app.
- First, click on the Settings panel.
- Tap on the Apps tab and then locate Facebook.
- Beneath the Allow these apps to use your account, select Tinder.
- Once you click on Tinder, turn off and then on again or else simply turn it on if it was off.
- Move out of the settings page and check if Tinder works again.
6. Tinder error 5000
This is another most common Tinder error that has been reported while logging in. Take it easy because it is a temporary issue. Try out the following solutions.
Solution 6.1: Troubleshoot Tinder error 5000
- Ensure that you have a good internet connection. You can also try switching between Wi-Fi and Data connection.
- Update to the latest version of Tinder. If you’re on the latest one, just uninstall it once and download it again.
- Stop using VPNs and proxies if you are using one. That is one considerable cause as well.
- Clear the Tinder cache and app data as we demonstrated in the very first error listed here.
Solution 6.2: Change the operating platform
Instead of logging into Tinder directly using their website, you should use mobile web browsers like Chrome, Safari, etc. This is like to disappear the Tinder error 5000.
Tinder error 40303
This error basically means that your account has been banned. Even simple reports against your profile might cause a ban. Nudity, harassment, etc violate Tinder’s cause and can result in a ban.
How to get unbanned from Tinder?
There is literally no way to unban account. But if you are a Tinder’s premium member, there are more chances to get your account back. Here we will be discussing what can be done to fix Tinder error 40303.
Solution 7.1: Write an appealing email
If you feel that your account has been blocked unjustly, then you can always write an email to [email protected]. You can contact them for any complaints as well. Another way is to message Tinder support where you are not supposed to get a prompt reply.
Pro tip: We know you are frustrated like hell but don’t rush towards contacting Tinder support about your recent ban. Wait for at least 24 hours to do so.
Solution 7.2: Create a brand new account
You might feel this is a pretty lame answer, but it is the reality.
Also, you cannot make your new account look exactly like the old one. You have to bring in certain alterations to your data and profile. Subscriptions like the Tinder Gold and Tinder Plus ought to be cancelled.
Here are some tips to protect your account from Tinder error 40303 aka Tinder ban.
- Avoid the use of bad language.
- Do not post offensive comments.
- Do not post disturbing images.
- Avoid politics entirely.
- Live within Tinder terms and conditions.
Ugh! Here we are at the edge of the article comprised of Tinder error and its working solutions. We have described a few of the most annoying Tinder errors. I hope you will get rid of this using the stated solutions. If they have become your permanent enemies, listing down them in the comment section may get them run away!