How to Fix Http Error 503. The Service is Unavailable IIS
HTTP error 503. The service is unavailable iis: Internet is like an ocean. The more you dig, the deeper it gets. After invented in 1983, the internet has got trillions of webpages and it is still increasing as time passes. This sophisticated networking system gets more complex when it throws error codes while opening web pages.
There exist such series of error codes categorized in 1xx, 2xx, 3xx, 4xx to 5xx depending on status codes issued by hosting server when users like you try to request content out of hosted websites. Thanks to this rapid revolutionization, solving these human-readable codes have become easy.
Have you ever seen something like http error 503 The service is unavailable iis?? If yes, then you must be wondering what the hell happened just now as it was working pretty fine a few seconds ago. Well, this didn’t arrive out of blue.
Therefore, we will be breaking error 503 into its synonym error messages, causes, and multiple working solutions depending on your environment. Stick to this article and follow the illustrative stepwise guides in order to kick them off.
There are many instances where such IIS errors occur. One of the examples includes encounter of https error 503 upon installing a website on an IIS server. Shifting to a new machine or customizing the existing configuration is another incident where you may face the same.
IIS here, stands for Internet Information Server. After uncertain changes, this gets lost while responding to the users’ requests. And, it will indicate “503 service is unavailable” in return.
Well, IIS server not being able to load users’ request because of overloading can gift you this http error. In order to maintain a good security profile, server maintenance is also required. This is a common condition doing so.
Types of http error 503
- HTTP Error 503 (Service Unavailable)
- 503 Service is unavailable
- 503 Service Temporary Unavailable
- HTTP Server Error 503
- Http/1.1 Service Unavailable
Causes of https error 503
- Occasionally, the expired SSL certificate on the IIS server can cause this error as IIS server stops the activity of the application pool. If you are able to locate the error with load balancer regarding the SSL expiration, then instead of handling the HTTP traffic over to one of the IIS server, it can result in this error. This will not allow IIS to serve the request.
- This error pops up due to the server being too busy or if any maintenance work is being performed.
- Browsers being unable to resolve the server hostname is another probable cause despite it shows IIS issue.
- If you can recall, your firewall might have blocked those keygens or KMS Windows activator while you opened it. The same way, your firewall may be blocking your request to the server.
- Another possible reason is application pool identity responding to your particular web application has been disabled or stopped automatically. It normally allows processing web applications categorized by separate account. Stopping that will make a fall which is likely to introduce http error 503. The service is unavailable IIS.
Solution 1: Restart IIS application pool
For the websites hosted on IIS servers, this is an often issue if not configured properly. Follow this stepwise procedure without missing any step:
Step 1: Press Windows + R and type “inetmgr” initiate IIS window.
Step 2: Navigate to on MyWebsite > Manage Web Site > Advanced Settings.
Step 3: From the next screen, write down the name of the application pool.
Step 4: Select Connections > Application Pools Node from the left section of IIS panel.
Step 5: Now tap on the pool name you wrote down before. It will open access to an Action section on the right side.
Step 6: Navigate to Application Pool Tasks and click on the Stop button. (You will be able to see your application pool is stopped under MyWebsite section.)
http error 503 the service is unavailable application pool stopped can be solved using this action immediately.
Step 7: Tap on Start button situated right after Stop you just pushed.
Solution 2: Disable loading user profile
Step 1: Perform step 2 of the above method.
Step 2: On the next screen, go to Process Model section and choose the Load User Profile.
Step 3: Using a dropdown menu, change it to False from true.
Step 4: Hit Apply to save changes.
Step 5: Now restart the application pool and reload the website.
It will resolve the issue at the end.
If you’ve followed all steps properly, there won’t be any space for http error 503 The service is unavailable iis for sure. When you find IIS in error name, you can easily spot the IIS application pool is malfunctioned or stopped. All you have to do is resume it and restart the pool.
Don’t forget to share it with your developer friends to educate them about what application pool can cable of. They will be aware of the fact as a precautionary measure to eliminate http error 503.