How to Fix Clownfish Voice Changer Not Working
Clownfish is an app that has made quite a name for it in the past few years. But that apparently does not stop it from being prone to errors from time to time. One of the more annoying errors is “Clownfish voice changer not working“. There are ways in which you can deal with this issue and that’s exactly why we wrote this article. In fact, we have listed 5 ways right here. Before we go into that, let’s here’s a little something about clownfish and this error.
What is Clownfish?
Clownfish is an app that helps you to change your voice or to translate on other communication applications like Skype, Steam, Discord, etc. It has some outstanding features that have made it so popular. You can get access to dozens of languages, there is a real-time translation, voice changing and so on. The app which is quite easy to use has great utility because of its compatibility with Virtual Studio Technology.
Clownfish voice changer not working effects
The clownfish voice changer not working error can pop up once in a while. It may affect your Skype alone. Or sometimes, it may not work on anything at all. You might experience fluctuations or maybe you won’t be able to hear yourself sometimes. There are some causes for the error and let’s check them out before moving to the solution.
Causes of Clownfish not working
There are some reasons why Clownfish voice changer Android/Mac not working error may appear. These two are the most common among them.
- Incompatibility of Skype or Discord versions
Sometimes the versions of Discord and Skype can go against each other. That is why they might contradict each other. Thus the Clownfish within the applications gets impacted. This causes many issues and eventually leads to not working error.
- Fail of microphone sync
When failure occurs during the connection of microphone and device or when you turn off the syncing option by accident, not working error can occur. People don’t notice the situation quickly.
Fix Clownfish Voice Changer Not Working Error
Method 1: check versions of corresponding apps
Microsoft has come forth to respond to the issue. They’ve said that computers without the SSE2 instruction set won’t work properly with the new version. Hence some features are not activated.
According to Microsoft, Clownfish is not supported correctly in the new version of Skype. Follow the below steps to check the version of your skype.
- Open Skype.
- After it opens, tap on your profile pic. You can see it on the top-left side of the window.
- Select Settings from a new window opening up.
- Click on the Help & Feedback option from the list.
- Skype version will be visible under its logo. If your computer is old, it is advised to downgrade it to version 7.5. This should do the trick.
Do the same on Discord
- To find its version number you have to go to its help page.
- Open discord.
- Click CTRL+SHIFT+I to view the version.
- If you don’t have the latest version then you should update. But if your computer is a bit old you may have to downgrade to an older version of Discord.
Solution 2: Install a Microphone in Clownfish
For detecting your voice, changing it and doing modifications to it; Clownfish takes help from the microphone. There can be cases when Clownfish does not work properly. Such as when it is not installed properly or in case it has bad drives.
Before properly installing a microphone, you should make sure that your mic is not damaged. You can test it’s working by using the voice recorder or by other similar means. If it’s not damaged then proceed to the following steps to install it.
- You need to open Clownfish. For this first click on the Show hidden icons on your taskbar. It is a small upward arrowhead at the bottom-right end.
- Now, right-click the Clownfish icon.
- From the drop-down list that appears, choose the Setup option.
- A window will appear. After the system integration mode section, you can see several modules that can be used to change your voice.
- Make sure that you choose the one that works properly.
- Tap on the Install button.
- If you have already installed anything, you can uninstall it using the Remove option. Then you can proceed to install what works properly.
- Now restart the computer and check if it solved the issue.
Solution 3: Update Clownfish
Sometimes Clownfish voice changer not working issue might be caused because you don’t have the latest version of Clownfish. You will need the latest version for smooth sailing. Each new update deals with bugs and incompatibilities. Clownfish also has to keep up with all the other applications on which its features are used.
Updating Clownfish is really simple.
- Go to the official Clownfish website.
- Download the latest version available.
- Install it.
- After installation, restart your computer.
Solution 4: Installation of the Clownfish in the default location
Sometimes the solution can be as simple as installing the application in the default location. The default location is where the installer offers to install the file initially. Most of us might choose other drives to install it.
Just follow the steps below to install it in the default location.
- Choose Win+R. A dialogue box appears.
- In the dialogue box type appwiz.cpl and hit Enter.
- Look for Clownfish is the list.
- After finding it right-click it and choose the Uninstall option.
- Now install it again using the installer.
- This time around when the install location option comes up, don’t change the default location.
- After completing the installation process restart your computer. Your problem should be solved.
Clownfish is a very popular application used to change voice or to translate live on communication apps like Skype or Discord. But its errors are irritating and act as a disturbance in work. Therefore, we have provided potential solutions with all possible causes here. Moreover, if you facing difficulties solving the Clownfish voice changer not working error, just let us know via the comment section.