How to Fix Digital TV Tuner Device Registration Application
If you find your PC performing abnormally slow, there could be a multitude of reasons behind it. There is one particular application that is known to decrease performance by around 70 percent. The app in concern is the digital TV Tuner device registration application.
Although there is no issue when looking at it from a security point of view, most antiviruses have confirmed that the app does indeed slow down your PC. The effect is even more pronounced in low spec computers. The issue is seen in almost all versions of Windows like 7, 8, and 10.
Working on a slow PC or laptop is something that no one would ever want, right? The cause we are talking about might be the one held responsible. As a result, in this article, we will be providing you with a complete walkthrough on fixing this error once and for all.
What is Digital TV Tuner Device Application?
Now, what exactly is this application? Well, first of all, it is a scheduled task and is part of the Windows Media Center. It allows you to watch paid Digital TV channels from your computer. It is actually a beneficial component.
The key process of the app is ehPrivJob.exe. This lets you scan for digital cable tuners connected to the computer. ‘eh’ is the abbreviation for eHome here. The application mainly affects the booting time while the computer performance is slowed as well.
Well, this application doesn’t a security threat if you are looking to be answered your this obvious question.
How does it slow down a PC/laptop?
Any installed software holds the data on the system registry. Sometimes these apps create invalid registries that can hamper your system. Whenever you open the Media Media Centre, it automatically runs the digital TV Tuner device registration application. You can check it out in the task manager as well.
If you run a Hexa-core processor with a significant amount of RAM, then you might not feel the effects, but if you are on a quad-core or lower-tier processor, then you will experience a drop in performance. The effect can be even more pronounced when running multiple processes simultaneously.
Fix Digital TV Tuner Device Application
Well, fixing this application does mean removing it from your machine. There are a few methods by which you can easily solve this computer’s performance issue. We recommend trying them out one by one, to see if the performance is improved.
Method 1: Switch off Windows features
- Launch the Control Panel by pressing the Windows key or tapping on the Start button and then type Control Panel. Press Enter once it appears.
- In your Control Panel, search for Programs and Features option and select it.
- You can also launch your Run dialog box by holding down the Windows key + R at the same time. Once the dialog box pops up, type appwiz.cpl then tap OK or hit the Enter button.
- Tap on the Turn Windows feature on or off option.
- Move down and search for Media Features then hit the + sign to expand it.
- Search for Windows Media Center then deselect the box next to it.
- Hit OK to apply the changes made.
- Reboot your computer now.
Method 2: Use the resource monitor
If the above method didn’t work for you, try this out.
- Simultaneously hold Ctrl + Shift + Esc buttons together to open the Task Manager.
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box. Now, type resmon and hit the Enter key.
- Go to the Performance tab inside the Task Manager and tap on the Open Resource Monitor located at the bottom.
- Now you should take a look at the CPU, Memory, and Disk sections.
- Next, search for the ehprivjob.exe process and stop it.
- Once you locate it, simply right-click on it then select the End Process option.
- Moreover, you can also close down other processes, if you think these are eating your memory.
Method 3: Uninstall the app
This is a surefire method to fix digital TV Tuner device registration application, once and for all.
- Launch Control Panel.
- Tap on Programs and Features inside the control panel.
- From the list of installed programs, search for your digital TV tuner and select it.
- From the top portion of the window, tap on the Uninstall button.
- Now go through the uninstallation wizard and wait for the process to finish.
- For the next step, go to your Registry Editor by holding down Windows key + R. Then enter regedit in the Run dialog box.
- In the Registry Editor window, move to this address (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\) and search for the folder containing your digital tuner and then remove it.
- After that, head over to this address and remove any entries (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\eg ui)
- After you are done, Restart your pc.
Method 4: Disable scheduled task
- Launch the Task Scheduler by holding down the Windows key or click the Start button and then choose the Task Scheduler option as it appears.
- From the Task Scheduler’s left window, tap on the arrow beside the Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows.
- Now, search for the folder where the ehdrminit is situated and then right-click and disable it.
So, if you are experiencing slow performance on your computer, you should check the status of digital TV Tuner device registration application. It is not a threat but removing it will surely boost your performance a bit. Any queries regarding the same can be asked using the following comment section.